Eerste single van een nieuw album!

Klinkt terug wat "analoger" en minder dansvloer, benieuwd of de rest van het album volgt of we gewoon een heel eclectisch album krijgen.

Die andere held Jamie XX heeft blijkbaar ook een nieuwe track uit, dankzij de waardeloze UI van Spotify had ik deze compleet gemist!

Laatst bewerkt:
Nieuwe Squarepusher huzaaaa!!
For me, the lockdown of 2020 will always stand out as a remarkable time partly for the viscerality of its terrors, but also because of its novel, eerie, sublime silence. It afforded me (and no doubt other fortunate loners) a respite from the incessant distractions that can get in the way of important things such as doing nothing – or recording music. The cancellation of all live commitments meant the prospect of a year's worth of itineraries, airport security, hotels and no sleep was erased, and for some time I experienced a simple happiness not familiar in my adulthood. In a way it reminded me of being a child, where one knows big and awful stuff happens on the horizon but the current moment is a blissful sanctuary. Without customary interruptions, time elapsed differently: Dostrotime. I recorded extensively during that unusual period and went on to use some of that material as the basis for the rescheduled live shows of '21 &' 22. These events were remarkable for their tangible atmosphere of jubilation that lockdown was over and this album is indebted to the exhilaration of those shows. It is an attempt to capture the peculiarity of music catalysed by lockdown being part of the celebration of lockdown's demise.

Tom.

DOSTROTIME WILL BE RELEASED MARCH 1ST ON WARP. AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON 2xLP, CD AND DIGITAL DOWNLOAD FORMATS.​

Een aantal recente favorieten :

Danny Daze is een veteraan-DJ uit Miami, die nu pas zijn debuut uitbrengt. Een 90 minuten durend epos dat alle uithoeken van vroege 90s electro, ambient-house en bleep-techno verkent. Supergoed gedaan.
Nieuwe Shed: drum machines go boenk
Met de laatste van Donnato Dozzy (Voices From The Lake) blijven we eerder in de Kosmische sferen hangen, is de laatste tijd een beetje mijn dada.

Laatst bewerkt:
Ahhh ik hoop dat deze man met een uitzonderlijke gezondeheid de 90 jaar haalt. Hopelijk nog genoeg energie om met deze plaat komend jaar te touren, hier moet op gemoshed worden.

Four Tet zal moeten wachten want bovenstaande is met voorsprong mijn release van de week (maand, jaar?) Mijn boxset komt normaal volgende week toe :love:

Terug
Bovenaan