Buitenlandse stand-up comedy

Even deze absolute hidden gem posten voor mensen die houden van deadpan, arrogantie en constante constante repetities. Stewart Lee vertelt gemiddeld 3 moppen per zaalshow van anderhalf uur, maar de opbouw van een half uur is het telkens waard. Raast te lang door over een onderwerp tot het niet meer grappig is, tot het uiteindelijk terug grappig wordt. Wordt ook cynischer en cynischer naarmate de jaren verstrijken.

Gisteren show gezien van Gabriel Iglesias, was weer top!
Enkel het voorprogramma (alfred robles) kon ik niet smaken
Ik voelde het rondtollen en ik voelde mij slecht / ziekjes na zijn optreden (Alfred Robles). Ik ben dan tijdens de pauze wat beginnen rondwandelen en toen Fluffy startte was ik plots weer volledig in orde. Hij was inderdaad top, ik heb ervan genoten.

Fluffy was zeer goed, en de eerste pre-act vond ik ook goed (ik ben zijn naam even kwijt). Alfred Robles vond ik wat minder. Omdat ik mij even niet goed voelde heb ik wel een deel van zijn show gemist.

Gisteren show gezien van Gabriel Iglesias, was weer top!
Enkel het voorprogramma (alfred robles) kon ik niet smaken
Enige minpuntjes: Tram 6 aan de Kinepolis. Een uur lang geen tram 6 te zien en het was vrij warm, om heel de tijd daar te staan. En dan plots 4 trams allemaal na elkaar. Volgens mij stonden die gewoon stil aan het sportpaleis en hebben ze een uur voor het optreden gezegd: GO!

Op de terugweg was het wel goed geregeld. Er was security om alle mensen terug naar huis te begeleiden via de (pre)metro / tram.

En inderdaad Alfred Robles vond ik de mindere van de 3 performers.

Laatst bewerkt:
8 out of 10 cats fans, Jason Manford volgend jaar in het Zuiderspershuis!
Spreid het woord en koop tickets want ik vermoed dat die hier niet echt gekend zal zijn en de kans dat het word geannuleerd is er dan wel altijd. Volgens mij stond het ook al eerst op de Stadschouwburg in de planning :unsure:

Shane Gillis hier eindelijk ontdekt dankzij zijn 6uur durende podcast met Louis CK over al de presidenten.

Het is een echt kind van CK zijn stijl, maar hij doet het zo goed dat hij er met weg geraakt. Misschien wel beste special van 2021? Weet nu al da'k hem komende week al opnieuw gaan bekijken.

Vanavond eens de nieuwe Burr special checken, met Paper Tiger heeft hij me in 2019 nog eens goed verrast.

Alweer een jaartje geleden, dat de grappigste mensch ooit, het leven gaf. Conan O'Brien brengt wederom hulde.
*Comedian and writer Norm Macdonald died on Sept. 14, 2021. Conan O’Brien, on whose late night talk show Macdonald made some of his most memorable appearances, delivered this tribute at a private memorial for Macdonald earlier this year that took place during the Netflix Is a Joke festival in Los Angeles, attended by a few dozen of Macdonald’s friends and fellow comics. O’Brien shared his speech with The Washington Post on the first anniversary of Macdonald’s death.*

Good morning. I’d like to begin by telling you the last words Norm Macdonald spoke on this earth. He said “When I go, make sure they have a memorial for me. See to it that it is part of a much larger festival promoting a streaming service. Arrange it hastily and make sure you have it early in the morning. Make sure that many of the tributes are on videotape and that Rob Schneider is featured prominently. And finally, hold it in a theater in some part of Hollywood frequented by male prostitutes.” Norm, this is for you.

Of course I do want to thank Norm’s family and [longtime manager] Lori Jo [Hoekstra] for being here today and giving us all a chance to celebrate the funniest man any of us have ever met. I want to be clear, I am not here this morning to eulogize or memorialize Norm. My motives are selfish. I’m here because I want, finally, to understand Norm. Norm was the most completely original person I have ever met. He didn’t look like anyone else, talk like anyone else, or follow many of the basic principles of comedy. He lived in his own, strange world populated by hobos, French Canadians, cardsharps, trappers, a pig with a wooden leg, farmers, hooligans, and, for reasons no one will ever understand, Frank Stallone. His patter was an insane mix of folksy, rural phrases — a wandering, genteel yarn-spinner from the backwoods, and all of this masked the fact that he was completely fearless and shockingly blunt. He was Mark Twain, if Mark Twain was obsessed with prison rape and crack whores.

When Norm died there was an explosion of grief and appreciation, but everything I read was deeply unsatisfying. “One of the greats, a true original, one of a kind … .” That can and will be said about every comedian at this festival. I know, because I’ll be the one saying it after everyone speaking today is dead. That’s right, I plan to outlive every comic in this room and I will bury you all with hollow praise. I will dance on your grave, Nealon.

What distinguished Norm Macdonald was one quality: He was superhumanly brave. The media loves to talk about “brave comedy” and they’re usually wrong. Bravery isn’t a Trump joke that gets applause and pat on the back from the New York Times, bravery means tremendous risk and, often, loss. Norm was highly principled and he paid dearly for his refusal to compromise. He lost jobs — many jobs — because he followed his own insane, outlandish North Star. Jim Downey, Norm’s cohort on Weekend Update and a speaker today, told me that Norm would bomb with a joke at dress rehearsal and then tell it again on air, when he knew, with certainty, that it would get nothing. On my show, Norm would tell long, seemingly pointless stories, all lies, and hang it all on one punchline that might or might not land. Early in my “Late Night” run, after Norm left the stage, Andy Richter leaned over to me and said, “That guy doesn’t care in a way that terrifies me.”

We all know that Norm would lose his job if he kept telling O.J. jokes, and that he persisted and was fired. But Norm took big, frightening swings constantly. Once, Norm came on my show during Oscar Pistorius’s trial for murder. Norm went out of his way to say that he had no problem with the murder — that didn’t trouble him. He said his issue with Pistorius was that he had blades for legs. “Conan, I think one of the basic requirements for being a sprinter is … having legs. You can’t be on the team, you’re not a biped.”

Norm was so outrageous that I would always start laughing the minute he came out from behind the curtain. Those apple cheeks, dimples and his gleaming pumpkin eyes — the eyes of a true sociopath — would have me giggling like a schoolgirl before he had even said a word.

I can think of no better example of Norm’s fearlessness and gall than to relate the behind the scenes tale of the Moth story. Norm had paneled brilliantly when I called for a commercial and said, “We’ll be right back with more Norm Macdonald.” Norm was shocked and during the quick break, with the band playing, he told [show producer] Frank Smiley and I that he didn’t have any more material — he thought he was only doing one segment. “How much time do I have to do?” Norm asked and we told him “seven minutes.”

I didn’t know it then, but Norm had heard a joke one week prior from Colin Quinn. It’s a 15-second joke: “Moth goes into a podiatrist’s office and says I have a problem, doc — I think I’m going mad. The doctor says ‘I’m a podiatrist, not a psychiatrist — why come to see me?’ Moth says, ‘Because the light was on.’ ”

So Norm, with no preparation, launches into an epic Chekhovian tragedy. Suddenly, the Moth is trapped in an existential despair. We hear all about his loveless marriage, the death of his daughter Alexandria, and his estrangement from son, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch. The story goes on and on, straying as far from the punchline as anyone could. And then, at last, after an entire segment, Norm sticks the landing perfectly. The punchline worked, but it was all about the journey with Norm. Like any common criminal, or Picasso, Norm broke rules with gusto, and it was his impish joy in the destruction that touched us all so profoundly.

Most of us did not know how that Norm was sick, and many of us couldn’t understand why it was so hard to connect with him in his final years. When I wrapped up my show last spring, I wanted to have Norm on as a guest and I was told he couldn’t be there. He was the best panelist in the history of talk shows and easily the most beloved guest in the 28 years of my career. On my last night, June 24, many of my friends an colleagues were sending out nice messages and Norm sent out a tweet that is quintessentially Norm in all his delightful shaggy dog glory:

“It was a historic night and my only regret was not being there live. But, I was glued to my tv and thrilled to be watching my heroes move on. Hard to believe it’s been 28 years. The best is yet to come. Congratulations to the greatest ever, the mighty Montreal Canadiens!” Yes, the Canadiens had won the Western Conference Finals on the night of my last show and he needed, rightly, for me to know exactly where I stood.

There would be no sentimentality from Norm, and he wouldn’t want it today. Selfishly, I don’t feel badly for Norm, I feel badly for all of us. They have discontinued my favorite brand of soda and I am eternally pissed. In a world where there is more comedy than at any other time in our civilization, the good is rare and the exceptional is divine. Norm Macdonald, at his best, was a divinely hilarious, brave and absurd anomaly — a backwoods Canadian hick with the phrasing of a poet, a mad bomber and destroyer of worlds who was, simultaneously, a principled and loyal friend. So let’s remember him today, retell his jokes as best we can, and then do it again tomorrow and the next day. We will spend the rest of our lives trying to figure out that demented lump of coal, and I cannot think of a better use of our time.
Zijn magnum opus.
Net onder de 70 punchlines in nauwelijks 11 minuten. Niets vet of overbodig. Puur comedy

Heb ik trouwens al gezegd @hellmut dat ge mij soms doet denken aan Conan? Niet de knappe rosse hengst met een kuif maar wel de ingetogen scherpe doch warmen beer.

Dan probeert ge reclame te maken voor uw zogenaamde "live" special(wat Brian Regan overigens al heeft gedaan). Idioot.

Verder wel toffe eerste helft van het jaar. Morgen Bert Kreischer, Weird Al 18 februari, maart Jason Manford en Dylan Moran. Mei Jeffries en Jack Dee.

Bij Rogan zei 'm toch dat hij vorige maand opname deed voor de special die maand na die livestream zal uitkomen ? Er is een podcast over Amerikaanse presidenten featuring CK, die is ook goed, hij weet er echt veel van.

Puur toevallig cursor gedropt in dit Louis CK interview 47:28 hij vindt Belgen het slechtste comedypubliek

Kan ik wel inkomen. Zeer terughoudend publiek en als we worden aangesproken voelt ge de zaal gewoon krimpen in vele gevallen.
Maar als we de stand up goed kennen, verschiet ik soms zelf van ons publiek. Jimmy Carr, Daniel Sloss en Dylan Moran altijd uitbundige shows hier. Trekken ook veel jong volk.

Nieuwe special van John Mulaney is overigens weeral serieus de moeite. Normaal heb ik echt geen liefde voor van die overgeproduceerde specials met een halve lichtshow en pannende camera's etc, maar Mulaney geraakt er met weg. Met gemak zelfs.
Misschien wel zijn beste.

Volgende week trouwens Jack Dee te Stadsschouwburg.

13 September Marc Normand @ Zuiderpershuis(zou denk ik toch Arendberg vullen ma bon).

Midden van de week, en niet echt goedkoop, maar zonder twijfel bij de beste comics van deze generatie.

Nu nog Gillis en Joe List.

Matt Rife is tegenwoordig wel echt mijn ding geworden.
Volledige shows te zien op youtube, veel interaction met publiek.. ik vind em zeer geestig!

The "Young Bull" komt al met zijn 2e special, deze keer op Netflix.
Beautiful Dogs
Nog geprobeerd tickets te scoren voor zijn shows in Dublin maar geen geluk :(

Live in Austin ondertussen al 5tal keer bekeken. Beste special van 2021 en met gemak in mijn persoonlijke top 3 van de laatste 10 jaar.

Reminder trouwens, Mark Normand volgende week. Kans dat hij nog eens snel Europa doet is denk ik klein. Al hoop ik verkeerd te zijn.
13 September Marc Normand @ Zuiderpershuis(zou denk ik toch Arendberg vullen ma bon).

Nog mensen naar een van de shows van Michael McIntyre geweest in de Lotto Arena? Ondanks dat het echt wel kort was, was hij wel weer de hele tijd platgaan :D

Gisteren naar een zaalshow van Najib Amhali gaan kijken in de stadsschouwburg hier in Antwerpen.

Iets van een 2 uur en me heerlijk geamuseerd. Deze man weet ondertussen als geen andere hoe hij met een publiek moet spelen. Groet wat mensen in de zaal, schud wat handjes. Laat met een komische toon filmende mensen hun toestel naar beneden gaan. Heerlijk!

Ah goed dat ge het hier vermeld! Eens zien da'k nog tickets voor vanavond scoor. En anders volgende maand in Gent(28&29ste).
Hier al meer dan 10 jaar geleden da'k Najib nog heb gezien maar was ook toen enorm goed.

Ah goed dat ge het hier vermeld! Eens zien da'k nog tickets voor vanavond scoor. En anders volgende maand in Gent(28&29ste).
Hier al meer dan 10 jaar geleden da'k Najib nog heb gezien maar was ook toen enorm goed.
Check even TicketSwap. Heb me daar op de dag zelf nog een ticketje voor op de 5e rij gescoord. Wel alleen geweest, dat scheelt ook in het vinden van tickets.

Terug
Bovenaan